The Hope Domestic Violence Homicide Project tracks domestic violence-related deaths in Wisconsin by year. We began tracking data in 2016. Domestic violence-related deaths include victim homicides, perpetrator suicides, and officer-involved shootings. Our team includes the deaths of children at the hands of their parents, which may account for differences in totals between our project and that of End Abuse, WI. End Abuse excludes children’s cases unless intimate partner violence between parents is likewise evidenced. Please see cases by individual year in the drop-down menu.
Search Our Site
- Darrell Brooks fled domestic dispute before Waukesha parade horror and was on bail for ‘running over mom of his baby’
- Which domestic abusers will go on to commit murder? This one act offers a clue.
- Domestic Violence Homicide Survivor Support Group Begins in November 2021
- A mishandled 911 call, a delayed Amber Alert and a grisly crime: What went wrong in the case of a murdered Milwaukee mom and her daughters
- Milwaukee Homicide Rate at Highest Since 1990s
- Gun Violence Memorial Project