The Hope Domestic Violence Homicide Project tracks domestic violence-related deaths in Wisconsin by year. We began tracking data in 2016. Domestic violence-related deaths include victim homicides, perpetrator suicides, and officer-involved shootings. Our team includes the deaths of children at the hands of their parents, which may account for differences in totals between our project and that of End Abuse, WI. End Abuse excludes children’s cases unless intimate partner violence between parents is likewise evidenced. Please see cases by individual year in the drop-down menu.
Search Our Site
- An effective domestic homicide program exists in Milwaukee. But officials say it is woefully underfunded.
- 27 Milwaukee County domestic murders, no contact with high-risk team
- Six Milwaukee County women were killed in a two-week period and all were victims of domestic violence
- How Wisconsin’s ‘honor’ system for removing guns from domestic abusers failed Jesi Ewers
- WI Supreme Court Decision on Expansion of Concealed Carry Permits Will Impact Victims of Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Homicide Survivor Support Group